Who is the PTA and what do they do?
The Waverly PTA has 3 main objectives: Advocacy, Communication, and Enrichment. We advocate for the students of Waverly, as well as those in the entire district. We work with the principal, the school board, and the district office to ensure our students are protected and provided for. We act as a liason between families, staff, and the district office. We are your first point of contact when you have questions or concerns. Through our Cultural Arts and Ways & Means Committees, we provide Enrichment activities and programs for the entire school.
Why Join the PTA?
Benefits for our Members
As a member of the Waverly PTA, you have the following privileges:
- Waverly PTA voting rights
- Membership in the regional and national PTA
- Full Access to the School Bee Online Directory – a must have for playdates and birthday parties!
- Class Parent eligibility
- After School Club eligibility (there is an additional fee for club participation)
Benefits for our Students
Some of the programs provided by the PTA in the 2017-2018 school year:
- Greenburgh Nature Center Field Trip- Apple Cidering (K)
- Philipsburg Manor Field Trip- Touching the Past (1)
- Native American Workshops ( K & 1)
- Thanksgiving Show (K)
- Author visits (K & 1)
- Lou Del Bianco Around the World (K)
- Bash the Trash Concert
- Westchester Children’s Museum Field Trip (K)
- And much more
How do I Join?
Joining the PTA is easy!
We ask each family to contribute $50 for membership. $10 goes towards membership dues to the NYS PTA, and the remaining $40 is used to fund our Cultural Arts programs, providing enrichment assemblies, events and field trips. Your financial support directly impacts the level to which the PTA can continue to provide these types of enrichment activities in the future.
To submit your membership, please make your payment AND submit the form below. Payments can be made online at https://squareup.com/store/waverly-pta