Who is the PTA and what do they do?
The Waverly PTA has 3 main objectives: Advocacy, Communication, and Enrichment. We advocate for the students of Waverly, as well as those in the entire district. We work with the principal, the school board, and the district office to ensure our students are protected and provided for. We act as a liason between families, staff, and the district office. We are your first point of contact when you have questions or concerns. Through our Cultural Arts and Ways & Means Committees, we provide Enrichment activities and programs for the entire school.
Why Join the PTA?
In addition to being better able to provide for a safer learning environment and other activities for our students, there are other benefits that come with a Waverly PTA membership which are only available for members.
Benefits for our Members
- Full Access to the Waverly Online Directory – must have for future playdates
- Class Parent eligibility
- Board Member eligibility (See Available Positions)
- After School Club eligibility (additional fee for club participation)
- Waverly PTA voting privileges
- Membership in the regional and national PTA
Benefits for our Students
Although we don’t know how this year will unfold, we are hopeful to be able to do at least some of our usual activities either in person or online. Some of the programs that were paid for by the PTA in the 2019-2020 school year included:
- Greenburgh Nature Center Field Trip – Apple Cidering (K)
- Philipsburg Manor Field Trip- Touching the Past (1)
- Planetarium Field Trip (1)
- Lou Del Bianco Around the World (K)
- TheaterWorks at Waverly
- And many more…