Thank You from the Waverly PTA
As the school year comes to a close we would like to take a moment to reflect on a year that was unlike any other and thank the Waverly community for all the support received throughout the year!
It’s almost hard to remember life before the pandemic hit, but when we look back on the year on a whole, it is nice to think of all the wonderful experiences our children had while together. We were happy to enjoy many of the family events that make Waverly so special during the first half of the school year, including the Welcome Back picnic, Movie night, Winter Wonderland and everyone’s favorite, the Sweethearts Dance. We would like to send a special thanks to our Ways and Means Committee and the Waverly Custodial staff for the hard work and dedication involved in bringing these events to life. We are also happy that many of the in-school enrichment programs supported by your PTA membership took place during our time together. In addition, Health and Wellness initiatives, supported by prior year boosterthon proceeds, continued to grow with new in school programs and family yoga night. Thanks to our Cultural Arts and Health and Wellness committees, in partnership with school administration and teachers, for thoughtfully planning these events. We were also happy to offer a variety of after school clubs through the hard work of some very dedicated volunteers coordinating behind the scenes. Lastly, a very special thanks to our Yearbook Chairs, Samantha Delaney and Maria Davino. They did the impossible and created an amazing book of memories while we were in a state of pause. This yearbook feels more special than ever before.
While we were saddened that our children’s in school experience was unavoidably cut short, we are extremely grateful to our district leadership and the Waverly administration, teachers and staff for taking on the unforeseen challenge of creating a virtual learning experience that was engaging, creative and enjoyable for their students. We immensely appreciate all who went above and beyond for our children, culminating in a beautiful send off via the Waverly Wave. Thank you to all at Waverly and in the district for ending the year in such a special and meaningful way.
- A few more notable THANK YOUs…
- …to our PTA Executive Board and Committee Chairs and Class Parents for the time and dedication they have brought to this school. Without their volunteer efforts, while also trying to balance family and careers, none of the success of the PTA would be possible. Some of our truly dedicated members will be moving on to elementary school next year. We would like to send a very special thanks to these amazing moms for their multiple years of dedicated service:
- Stephanie Fairclough – Ways and Means
- Jessica Maban – Membership
- Marina Stathos – Cultural Arts
- Alice Jennings – Secretary
- Rachelle Calo– Data Comm/Spirit Committee
- Gleice Vakroneva – Data Comm/Spirit Committee
- Maria Davino – Yearbook
- Dorothy Leone – Clubs
- Amparo Folch-Montana – Clubs
- Deb Ryba – Wellness Committee
- … to all our PTA members and volunteers for all of your support throughout the year.
- Looking Forward…
We are happy to share that next year’s PTA Board is shaping up under the leadership of Anna Messar and the return of some very dedicated parents, including Mei Riccardulli, Anita Tleel Brian Tretola, Samantha Delaney, Christina Ayala-Rivera, Sue Goss, Jennifer Yagoda and Miriam Harwood, just to name a few. We are happy to also have some new kindergarten parents joining as well. If you would like to become a part of the Waverly PTA Board or a Committee chair, there are still openings for the upcoming school year. If you are interested, please contact Waverlyptapres@gmail.com.
Finally, Congratulations and Best Wishes to our 1st grade families moving up to Anne Hutch and Greenvale!
2020 THE GRADUATING CLASS THAT MADE HISTORY!
It has been an honor to serve on such a special PTA. We hope everyone has a restful, safe, healthy and enjoyable summer!
Natalie Vero & Jennine Perrotti